“ex·pe·di·tion: a journey undertaken for a specific purpose; the group of persons making such a journey”
In October, 2009, the Camano Chapel family embarked on an expedition through the Bible chronologically. This multi-year plan began with the book of Genesis and we are journeying through the Bible in the order in which events and writings occurred. We will be taking periodic “New Testament intermissions” from the Old Testament to focus on the great truths of the new covenant.
“The Bible Expedition” is a coordinated study plan that includes:
- Personal weekly study of assigned chapters of the Bible (See the assigned chapters below.) Particpants will use the “Weekly Bible Study Guide”. (Click on tab above entitled “Weekly Bible Study Guide”.)
- Sunday sermons covering a specific passage from the chapters that you will have studied the week before.
- As another option, there is an Adult Bible Fellowship (“A.B.F.”) class (Sunday mornings from 9:45 – 10:45 A.M.) for those who want to learn the overview and interact with others on the chapters studied for the week.
- If you are in a small group, you may want to discuss what God is showing you during your weekly Bible study. (Or you can start a group for this expedition!)
- The weekly sermon and A.B.F. notes are linked to this website every Sunday by 4 P.M (see tabs above). If you wish, you can download, print them, and include them in your “Bible Expedition Study Companion” binder.
- Purchase a “Bible Expedition Study Companion” binder for $2. (Ask Pastor Kris)
- Follow the directions on the first page in the binder.
- Also, Pastor Kris will be available to help newcomers to the church get started. He will be to the right of the stage after services on the last Sunday of the month.
Below is the weekly schedule of chapters to study (using your “Weekly Bible Study Guide”):
- April 29-May 5 – Reread Genesis 6-9
- May 6-18 – Psalms 8
- May 19-25 – Psalms 11-20
- May 26-June 2 – Psalms 21-30
- June 3-June 8 – Psalms 31-40
- June 9-22 – Psalms 41, 51-59
- June 23-29 – Psalms 60-69
- July 1-6 – Psalms 131, 133, 138-140
Filed under: Uncategorized